Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Sunday, April 05, 2015

Kasha with Opo Squash and Carrots with Coconut, Curry Leaves and Chilies

Kasha with Opo Squash and Carrots with Coconut, Curry Leaves and Chilies



Opo squash and carrots mingled with curry leaves and coconut and chilies is a favorite combination. Simply cook the veggies; grind some coconut, chilies and curry leaves; stir it into the cooked veggies and serve warm; adjust salt to taste.

Easy to make, this side can be served with roti, naan, rice or even quinoa.

Kasha can be an acquired taste for some. No one besides me likes it at home, so I don't make it often. I prefer to cook kasha in the rice cooker. To get it mushy, I add equal parts kasha and water; but for a grainier texture, I reduce the water and add some olive oil to the rice cooker and cook it for one cycle as usual.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older